,Bangalore,India, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1910970 Date posted Aug. 20, 2019
Current Opening is Analyst in D2Q domain focusing on CPQ area.(Configure, Price, Quote)
Analyst acts as liaison between IT and business functions, to help build solutions that facilitate VMware operate more effectively and efficiently. Solution focus areas include supporting features for VMware CPQ (configure, price, quote) platform and understanding the peripheral systems that drive CPQ functionalities. CPQ BSA will drive the identification, implementation, and modification of business systems to meet user needs and comply with company standards and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works on advanced business systems projects, and is responsible for the complex analysis and requirements definition for applications that automate business processes.
- Has a thorough understanding of the business functions for which applications are used, interfaces with Business and IT cross function teams to identify and resolve business systems problems, and consults with various users to identify potential improvements.
- Perform hands-on solution design, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, process design and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects in CPQ domain
- Act as a liaison between Technical team, Functional team, Business Functions, and vendor to drive CPQ implementations
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshops
- Perform gap analysis: as is vs. to be
- Document functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases
- Key contributor in cross-functional teams, BRD review, development plans, and roadmap development
- Conduct Solution reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution aligned with business requirements
- Create and deliver high quality presentations
- Demonstrates ability to get things done thru influence and relationship building.
- Leads and applies industry standard project management techniques for small to medium size projects.
- Assists planning projects/programs, and supports business process redesign and IT architecture changes.
- Preparation of user documentation and training documentation as necessary
- Experience with multiple software delivery lifecycle methodologies such as - Waterfall, Agile
- 2+ yrs experience of successful software project implementations
- Top CPQ applications specific experience required, eg Apptus, Salesforce, BigMachines, etc
- Must possess strong technical background, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in hands on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
- Experience performing detailed gap analysis, and preparing as-is & to-be process documentation
- Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Experience leading distributed teams to design architecture and requirements for and oversee development of packaged and integrated solutions
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and may require collaboration across multiple functional/technical teams
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Experience with upstream & downstream processes & solutions to CPQ capabilities such as MDM (Customer, contact, company, product Master), Order Management, Billing, Invoicing and Booking is a big plus.
- Independent self-motivated ability to learn on the job
- Business Analysis experience in a high-tech (preferable software) company highly desirable.
- 4-year Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business management or related discipline. Advanced degree would be a plus
- Industry Business Analyst certification would be a plus
- Salesforce, Oracle certifications would be a plus
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.