Advisor - Technical Program Management
Bangalore, IndiaJob ID R045450 Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
About the BU
RSA, The Security Division of Dell, is the premier provider of intelligence-driven security solutions. RSA helps the world’s leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges: managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, preventing online fraud, and defending against advanced threats. RSA delivers agile controls for identity assurance, fraud detection, and data protection; robust Security Analytics and industry-leading GRC capabilities; and expert consulting and advisory services.
The Advisor - Tech Program Management will lead the multiple software engineering teams in Scrum Master role. This would include processing definition, Agile Scrum based Software development, Hybrid Agile based module development along with cross functional communication, software technical project management, requirements traceability, source code control, test case management and defect tracking. This position also defines the metrics to be used to track process improvement in SAFe (Scaled Agile for enterprise) and also performs but not limited to the role of Release Train Engineer. provides clear resource loading of software team and capacity planning of the software. This position also represents the team at Release level to report status of multiple Agile feature teams to leadership. Required to work with the Archer global organization and work with cross-functional teams to build scalable software and module development lifecycle processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
• Arrange daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
• Helps product owner to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
• Collaborates cross functionally with engineering employees and other engineering groups, voluntarily shares information, fosters teamwork and collaboration.
• Develops solutions to difficult problems, which may require ingenuity and creativity, communicates progress toward project/program goals; influences future product/program direction.
• Interfaces with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs and technical knowledge.
• Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban etc.
• Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum.
• Advanced knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the team needs.
• Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
• Possesses conflict resolution, does conversation by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
• Ability to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
• Knows about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
• Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
• Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver the product on time.
• Expert in estimation and planning
• Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process.
• Ability to track and remove impediments.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE: 8+ years of overall experience with atleast 2+ years’ experience as Scrum Master working with teams building enterprise scale product.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.