Senior Staff Engineer - Cloud Native Apps
Bellevue, WashingtonJob ID R1912029 Date posted Aug. 22, 2019
Business Summary: Cloud Native Applications - Software Supply Chain
The Cloud Native Applications team is an innovation-focused group at VMware. We build and deliver cloud-native solutions for private, hybrid and public cloud. This business unit brings extensive expertise for container networking, security, storage, operations and monitoring. The landscape for application development and delivery has been radically transformed by the rise of cloud service providers and technologies such as Kubernetes. This has led enterprise organizations to re-think and re-evaluate how they develop and deliver software. Existing applications need to be re-tooled to be managed in this landscape while retaining their compatibility with governance and compliance regimes. New applications have the opportunity to take advantage of emerging technology, but must do so without putting the enterprise business at risk.
At VMware we see an evolving and emerging landscape of software delivery that we refer to as the Modern Software Supply Chain.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for senior engineer to provide technical leadership and guide the team through the discovery and development of modern software supply chain solutions.
- Act as a partner with customers and customer-facing teams (e.g. product management, global services, etc.) to solve problems faced by customers now and in the future.
- Influence direction and build consensus on products, solutions, strategy, and technology .
- Advocates for a spirit of cooperation, teamwork, resource sharing and mutual respect in the workplace.
- Guide the design, development, and delivery of solid products across multiple teams addressing the needs of enterprise customers that result in significant business outcomes, generally commensurate with 12+ years of professional experience.
- Deliver results on software development at every stage of maturity (R&D, growth, established, end-of-life)
- Provide strategic guidance to the business on cloud native system development and VMware’s position and opportunities in the broader cloud native landscape.
- Recruit engineering talent to VMware and support our diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador for VMware in the development community including presentation of industry-wide ideas in an area of specialty.
- Experienced at Golang based software development.
- Understands fundamental and internal workings of Kubernetes.
- Applicable knowledge of virtualized compute, security, storage, and networking fundamentals commensurate with a graduate-level education plus experienced work in the field of infrastructure technology.