Senior Member of Technical Staff (Java)
Bellevue, WashingtonJob ID R1906544 Date posted Jun. 14, 2019
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Be a part of building the definitive enterprise identity solution for VMware.
VMware Workspace ONE Team is looking for top notch engineers to build and integrate Identity into other VMware SDDC products.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees’ digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Our Workspace ONE platform provides every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time.
While VMware is a big company, our billion+ business division feels like a start-up and is fast paced, iterative, exciting and fun. At the core of our business is our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience. We’re a dedicated team that is fanatic about user experience, product quality, simplicity of design, and what our users need / want.
You are bringing a track record of a proven engineering leadership with the aim of aligning people / process / technologies and increasing product quality. You are someone who thrives on technical leadership, management and mentoring, enterprise architecture, and application design.
Our EUC division is known to be pioneers in our field and set industry standards. In this role, you will not only be leading change to culture and technology and championing the adoption of modern architecture practices within our team, but also at an industry level. As part of our Workspace ONE divisions, you will be a major actor in shaping the future of the End-User Computing world. At VMware, you will be a trusted advisor who will work in close collaboration with EUC’s leadership, Product Management, UX, Engineering, and Operations to influence the direction and successful adoption of our End-User Computing products.
• B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
• Must be motivated, detail-oriented, have the ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently
• Strong design, coding, and communication skills
• Strong Java development background
• Passion for collaborative development and support of quality hosted software services
• Experience working on live enterprise-grade services at scale in the cloud
• Understanding of deployment issues in a complex environment (security, networking, load balancers, service dependencies, disaster recovery, etc.)
• Ability to understand the bigger picture of a service product, communicate with others how components of a complex system interact, solve problems holistically
• Experience with AWS services and architectural practices
• Security and compliance consciousness
• Experience with asynchronous programming in Java
• Experience developing large-scale projects
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery practices and tools
• Bug tracking, project management, agile methodologies
• Very strong analytical skills, good judgment, passion for your work
• Good design skills and insight about usability
• Passion for robust automation and not repeating manual procedures
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.