Bellevue, WashingtonJob ID R1911860 Date posted Sep. 05, 2019
The Tanzu Mission Control team at VMware is seeking a Product Manager to help define product strategy and advance our mission to make Kubernetes accessible to any enterprise. The Tanzu Mission Control team is focused on helping customers more easily manage Kubernetes and operate modern, containerized applications across multiple clouds and clusters. You will play a pivotal role defining compelling and competitively differentiated capabilities, communicating our roadmap to internal and external stakeholders, understanding our customers deeply, and collaborating with marketing and sales to bring Tanzu Mission Control to market. The team is a fast-paced, startup-like environment where you will have the opportunity to build a new business from the ground up while developing skills in cutting-edge technologies.
Job Role Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for defining and executing our product strategy for Tanzu Mission Control, a critical element of the VMware Tanzu portfolio. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background. You understand the key issues and opportunities in the public cloud and cloud native applications ecosystems. You are drawn to the latest technologies, are passionate about great customer experiences, and enjoy working closely with engineers to ensure the delivered product meets customer needs.
- Define the short- and long-term strategy for Tanzu Mission Control based on a deep understanding of customer needs, market trends, and competition
- Communicate VMware’s cloud native applications product strategy and roadmap to internal and external stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with engineering to drive successful product releases, and customer-facing teams to align with customers and drive product adoption
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for VMware cloud native applications products, occasionally working to support the sales channel and key customers in a pre- and post-sales capacity
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Experience defining and prioritizing product features in a complex technical context
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Excellent communication skills across both technical and business audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field. Advanced degree in technical or business field
- Experience in infrastructure software, public cloud platforms, cloud native technologies, or developer tooling
- 5+ years of industry experience and 3+ years of product management or related experience