Member of Technical Staff - VMC
Bellevue,Washington, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1913767 Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
VMware Cloud and you:
Do you enjoy using cutting edge technologies to build systems that generate meaningful impact?
Interested in building cloud services that empower the customers to derive business value from VMWare and AWS hybrid cloud experience?
If you want to learn and experience how Software Defined Data Centers are transforming the cloud computing then join us. You will be a part of a team of rock star engineers. We pay as much attention to building a culture of learning in a fun and honest environment as we do to building our products. The role is a great opportunity for a software engineer passionate about developing SaaS/infrastructure software utilizing their knowledge of distributed systems.
Our team consists of super talented engineers, imbued with real ownership, and working in an agile culture of innovation and collaboration. If you aspire to work on industry-changing technologies, learn and grow your skills, and deliver high quality product that delights customers, then this is the job for you.
Learn about us more - https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws
- As part of team, develop and operate a scalable distributed platform infrastructure to be able to operate SDDCs hosted in AWS or other public clouds.
- Engage with and drive a high-visibility, high-accountability DevOps process including continuous integration and continuous deployment with zero-downtime upgrades across the fleet.
- You will design significant components to solve hard but ambiguous problems while collaborating with other lead engineers.
- As a hands-on developer, you would actively engage in planning/estimating, full software development cycle and operations of the service in a DevOps model
- Help maintain technical acumen in key technology areas to guide the evolution of our platform
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree is required
- 2+ years of experience in development, designing, building, and maintaining functionality for highly scalable distributed systems or infrastructure product development in an agile environment. Must be able to demonstrate significant contributions to past projects.
- Expert level knowledge of Java and OOP
- Strong CS Fundamentals, Data Structures, Algorithms and Coding skills
- Top-notch analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Details and results oriented with bias for action. We move fast.
- Good knowledge of Spring Framework, API Development, Web Services, XML/JSON and SQL
- Experience and knowledge of AWS tech