Senior Principal Software Engineer
Beijing, ChinaJob ID R33548 Date posted Mar. 18, 2019
Principle Software Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principle Software Engineer on our Unity Datapath team in Beijing.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Contributes to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex system and software/storage environments
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes software/storage specifications for products and systems
- Contributes to the development, review, analysis and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems/for storage products and systems
- Contributes to the development, test and integration of code for new or existing software of significant complexity involving multiple teams
- Provides the review, analysis and closed-loop corrective action for issues contributing to software/storage defects and business process problems
- 10+ years working experience in complicated system, e.g. critical telecom product, OS, networking, storage, filesystem etc.
- Experiences in professional system-level software architecture and development
- Be able to lead team to deliver critical features.
- Be able to resolve extremely complex product issue.
- Familiar with C/C++ programming
- Strong Linux/Windows kernel programming skills
- Knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas is great plus: file systems, storage protocols (NFSv3, v4 and v41 pNFS, CIFS, iSCSI), storage technologies (SAN, NAS, RAID, OSD, snapshot, replication), networking, device drivers, clustering
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills both in Chinese and English
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or closely related field
- Sense of urgency and work under high pressure
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 30 September 2018.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.