Principal Engineer, Service Delivery
Beijing, ChinaJob ID R38658 Date posted Jul. 12, 2019
Maintain broad based technical and solutions knowledge in key IT Enterprise Solution areas:
- Service role, provide country-wide support deployment of Dell enterprise solution, act as senior solution expert with deeply expertise
- Provide full and strong competitive analysis support for sales/presales team in service scope, well documentation, lead/reengineer customer expectation for challenged situation
- Driving assigned deployment service business growth as Service expertise, lead technical direction, positioning, solution support
- Communicate/align with Dell internal sales/presales team to deliver service messaging
- Tech lead implementation of important and complex projects, coordinate right resource to deployment service projects.
- Good Both directly or as part of Dell customer-facing team, work with account sales/presales team to deliver technical solution / proposal / Competitive analysis for customer in implementation
- Candidates will be prioritized if has similar experience/skill on the targeted solution area
- Performance/bonus is measured by attainment of respective line of business
The role has 3 primary duties
- Acting as Service expertise in Pre-Sales stage
- Orchestrate and lead holistic infrastructure optimization and transformation solutions for large, early adopter, and strategic Dell customers; work closely with Dell account teams on targeted business opportunities for deployment-led solutions; lead communications to explore customer needs and specify desired outcomes, conduct assessments, develop service business cases, recommend services, set expectations based on real world experience, develop proposals, overcome objections, forge relationships with customer executives and technical staff to ease transition from pre-sales to post-sales and ensure continual customer satisfaction.
- Post-Sales Service Delivery
- Oversee teams on large infrastructure optimization and transformation projects for early adopter and strategic Dell customers; clarify and confirm detailed requirements, lead/deliver process and assist solution design, provide over-sight at key management milestones throughout implementation, conduct quality assurance reviews, share knowledge and experience with the project delivery team, assist in the resolution of management escalations.
- Deliver Dell storage and networking onsite deployment service in Great China Region.
- Thought Leadership & Evangelism
- Serve as a recognized subject matter expert and thought leader with deep expertise in converged enterprise infrastructure (servers, storage, networking, service management) for virtualized/cloud solutions; leverage customer engagements to capture best practices and develop intellectual property, evangelize data center.
- Experienced presentation skills with advanced understanding of mainly technical solution which includes working with ROI, cost analysis.
- BS and/or MA in related field expected; certifications highly regarded
- 3 years+ practical similar job (service solution architecture) or deep diving on storage & Networking product/technology in a vendor;
- 15+ years’ related technology experience; 5 years+ field engineer experience, 3+ years direct pre-sales experience is preferred
- Creation of Enterprise Architecture blueprints, standards & scalable applications
- Platform Optimization: virtualization (VMware, MSFT, Xen, etc.);
- Operation Systems: UNIX/Linux/Windows; Platform migration
- Database: Oracle, MSSQL etc.
- Data Management: storage optimization, consolidation, data protection
- Services Management: ITIL v3 processes, tools selection, and best practices
- Network Architecture & Optimization: design/migration/architecture; Routing, Switching, LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Load Balancers, SAN
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Strong command of English
- At least Bachelor Degree or equivalent formal education
- Excellent knowledge of storage and networking content infrastructure solution in the market, Preferable Knowledge and experience with storage and networking
- Strong marketing sense and presentation skill
- Strong creativeness, openness, and competitive analysis capability
- Possess the ability to resolve issues and conflicts, take ownership when faced with challenging situations
Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership
Bachelor degree and above preferred
Travel is required by this position.