Platform Architect (Education BDM)
Beijing, ChinaJob ID 1844213 Date posted Sep. 05, 2019
Platform Architect (Pivotal Education Business Development Lead)
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You are unique: as a curious, passionate, engaging, business development manager. You will help customers realize the benefits of cloud native applications and lead their enablement at scale journet to make them successful . You will work closely with the Pivotal Sales ecosystem to help position the value proposition for the Pivotal Education business . You shall also help with building a thriving Pivotal Education Partner ecosystem which will help grow the business and make more customers successful in building modern applications.
Our mission is to make customers' use of our products and solutions successful, so that they can more effectively transform their business. Our cross-disciplinary team includes technical account leaders, data scientists, agile specialists, solutions architects, educators on Pivotal technology, and business transformation specialists.
Your Day (key responsibilities)
In this role, you will:
- Build & Manage a partner ecosystem of Education Specialist partners in Great China region.
- Enable partners on the value proposition of Pivotal Products and Education which can help them grow the Pivotal Education business.
- Create and execute on local government skills development initiatives by engaging with specialist partners.
- Create and execute programs specific to greater China market which grow the partner education sales.
- Create and execute programs for local universities with a view to growing the skills ecosystem for Pivotal Education business.
- Build a Pivotal Education Sales pipeline by working closely with Pivotal Account Executives, Synergy Sales representatives and Education Partners.
- Evangelize Education offerings (Pivotal Training, PAL) among the Pivotal field regions (Core and CNS) and ensure Education services attach to all of our key opportunities
- Ensuring that all public courses are filled
- Work with marketing to highlight Education customer success stories on our public-facing assets
- Drive demand generation activities (certification workshops, meetups, etc)
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends.
- Great verbal communication skills. You are capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers and at user groups, etc.
- Great written communication skills. You can clearly communicate complex concepts.
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal and potentially external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with C-level personnel
- Must be effective working independently and in a team setting
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage competing demands
- Education/Training Management experience in an IT environment including the development and delivery of training programs
- Business development experience in the education services arena
- Bachelors or Masters degree and above