IoT Software Engineer
Beer Sheba, IsraelJob ID R032672 Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
IOT Software Engineer
Harnessing the full potential of IoT requires adding intelligence to every stage. Smarter data gathering at the edge, smarter compute at the core and deeper learning at the cloud computing stage driving up the IQ of IoT. From self-driving cars to self-monitoring jet engines to self-regulating factories, sensors at the edge need to generate and act on smarter data.
The IOT Software Engineering team delivers new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop products enabling the full potential of the data in the edge-core-cloud continuum all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who has a strong background in building highly scalable distributed systems with experience working in an agile product engineering team. Candidates should display abilities to innovate and be creative.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees all over the world providing them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates taking pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
- Develop high-quality, reliable and maintainable code.
- Working side by side with product managers, product owner, program managers and key executives to plan ongoing feature development, product maintenance.
- Generates technical documentation as well as unit and functional tests.
- Agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it.
- 3+ years of experience building highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Software development experience using several of the following languages/frameworks: Java, Spring, Go and Python
- Expert knowledge of object oriented programming
- Experience with Micro-services and Cloud Native Architecture
- Experience with Agile software development methodology, TDD and XP
- Experience with REST API design and 3rd party integration
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information effectively to both IT and business audiences
Nice To Have:
- Strong understanding of Machine-learning and Deep-learning
- Strong understanding of Blockchain and Smart contract technologies
- Experience in optimizing computation-intensive solutions.
- Test Automation
- Understanding of networking protocols
- In-memory caching systems such as Redis
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Swarm, Mesos, and Kubernetes
- Contributing to large open source projects is a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, flexible working hours, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.