Windows System Administrator
Bedford, MassachusettsJob ID R81315 Date posted Nov. 30, 2018
RSA creates a wide range of industry-leading products that allow customers to take control of risk. Whether those risks stem from external cyber threats, identity and access management challenges, online fraud, compliance pressure or any number of other business and technology issues.
The RSA NetWitness® Platform, our industry-leading threat detection and response platform, leverages logs, packets, endpoints and cyber threat intelligence, in addition to machine learning and security analytics technologies, to speed detection of the most advanced and elusive threats, uncover the full scope of a compromise, and help automate incident response.
Our RSA SecurID® Suite is a comprehensive identity and access management solution that delivers capabilities for authentication, access management, risk analytics, identity governance and user lifecycle management, and it supports cloud-based and on-premises systems.
RSA Archer is our best-of-breed integrated risk management solution, empowering public- and private-sector enterprises to manage multiple dimensions of risk using industry standards, best practices, and a single, configurable, integrated software platform.
With fraud detection rates up to 95 percent, the RSA Fraud & Risk Intelligence Suite protects over 8,000 global customers and has prevented over $8B in fraud losses. 60 billion transactions -- over 6% of the entire global e-commerce card spend -- were protected with Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce and over 1 million cybersecurity attacks were thwarted!
This role is an important supporting role for the global 24/7 SaaS Operations group that supports the full suite of RSA products. Candidates will have a chance to work in a dynamic environment across many product lines and administer technical solutions in hosted data centers and the cloud.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in system build and administration activities within a Windows and VMWare virtualization environment including server hardening
- Participate in application of security patches and updates to firmware, operating systems and virtualization hosts
- Configuration of management access to OS and hosts.
- Configuration of Active Directory services, including client authentication from Windows and Linux systems
- Account administration and automation of server local accounts and Active Directory
- Management and troubleshooting of VDI systems and related connectivity issues
- Assist in inventory and asset management in data centers and office locations
- Provide support for applications used to monitor and manage systems and services
- Monitoring and capacity management of and compute systems
- Expert on troubleshooting windows system issues
- Documentation of systems and processes and participation in automation
- Participate in hardware and systems design process and developing specifications and mapping of customer-facing SaaS services to appropriate technology stacks
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Solid understanding of Windows operating system and hardware architectures (2008R2 - 2016)
- Good understanding of virtual platforms (VMware , VDI, RDS)
- Experience with setting up Active Directory, GPO, AD migration , DNS , DHCP
- Experience with WSUS, PowerShell Automation and scripting
- Configuration and support of MS Clustering and MS-SQL DB (2012, 2016) a bonus
- Experience building and supporting systems in AWS and Azure preferred
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure in a rapid paced, customer facing, 24/7 production environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a global team and strong work ethic
- Experience with private and public cloud environments a plus
- 5+ years systems OS / server administration
- Experience with Linux a bonus
- Good understanding of PCI-DSS and/or working with sensitive data preferred
- 24/7 Operations experience preferred
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.