Technical Support, Senior Engineer
Bedford, MassachusettsJob ID R032948 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
Principal responsibilities and Duties:
- Acts as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs in collaboration with field team.
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to diagnose and resolve issues in unique and often complex customer environments
- Participating in and leads conference calls with customers Knows their audience and articulate accordingly
- Validates technical information and issues early warning and disseminates information as needed
- Contributes and develops knowledge-based articles; may perform senior or expert level tasks for assigned products and skills; prepares articles for other TSEs and/or customers regarding technical solutions.
- Reviews technical solution articles for accuracy and completeness, and give feedback to the authors
- Handling highly escalated cases which contains complex technical details
- Responsible to validate new product patches and features by testing in lab environment.
- Cascading knowledge to the local team including new releases and patches or known bugs
- Leads the On-Boarding plan for the new hires
- Performing case reviews for the team members and take appropriate actions.
Required Skills (Non-technical Skills):
- Excellent customer communication and handling skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving & logical thinking
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Ability to work within a Team.
- Flexibility in handling business needs
- Self-motivated and self-learner
- Ability to share knowledge and conduct Technical Sessions
- Ability to coach junior engineers
- Ability to work on highly escalated cases and provide Executive summaries
- Advanced knowledge of Network and Information Security including hands-on experience, troubleshooting and administration.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux based servers, network protocols and web-based applications including hands-on experience, troubleshooting and administration.
- Advanced Database SQL knowledge including hands-on experience, troubleshooting and administration.
- API/SDK knowledge is a plus
- One or more of the following certificates is a huge plus: RHCE, CISSP, CEH, OSCP, Security+, ITIL
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.