Technical Support Engineer 2
Bedford, MassachusettsJob ID R044035 Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments. Combining business-critical controls in identity assurance, encryption and key management, SIEM, data loss prevention, continuous network monitoring, and fraud protection with industry leading eGRC capabilities and robust consulting services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform and the data that is generated.
The Technical Support Engineer will provide remote technical customer support for RSA’s Fraud and Risk Intelligence products. RSA Adaptive Authentication is a comprehensive risk based authentication and fraud detection platform that takes a risked-based approach to enabling strong, multifactor authentication using device forensics, behavioral analysis, and RSA eFraudNetwork matching.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Java programming concepts, SQL, as well as web based applications and technologies.
- Experience with deployed environments Java/J2EE, Oracle and SQL database systems running on Windows, UNIX, and LINUX platforms.
- Strong administration experience with or knowledge of at least one or more of: Apache, Tomcat, Websphere, or Weblogic, and Oracle or MS SQL server, Linux, Unix, MS Windows. Strong knowledge of Oracle DB, especially re-indexing and stats ins and outs.
- Knowledge of SSL/TLS protocols, load balancers and network infrastructure desired.
- Experience troubleshooting technologically challenging customer issues. Able to use advanced debugging techniques including analysis of heap/thread dump files, tracing, and performance tuning and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving technical problems at customer sites via telephone and email, email and Webex/live session troubleshooting.
- Highly analytical with extreme attention to details and the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately.
- A quick learner capable of working independently on complex networking and application problems requiring individualized analyses of situations, data and an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Ability to document and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Customer facing experience and strong customer orientation and dedication.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
Experience and Education:
- 3+ years of combined experience in one or more of the following functional areas: Technical Support for Enterprise Software Systems, Software Development, Professional Services for Enterprise Software Systems, Quality Assurance/Engineering for Enterprise Software.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.