Strategic Business Development Principal
Bedford, MassachusettsJob ID R26828 Date posted Mar. 04, 2019
Strategic Business Development Principal
Washington, DC Metropolitan Area or Boston, MA Metropolitan Area
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Strategic Business Development Principal on our Business Development team in Washington, DC or Boston, MA.
Business Development provides the market analysis, competitor information and customer knowledge to evaluate new business opportunities and steer their success. Focused on growing our business, we are experts on partnerships, alliances and joint ventures. We use this expertise to lead the planning, design, due diligence and implementation of strategic business development objectives.
- Conducts market opportunity analysis, and participates in development of product line strategy.
- Drives LOB strategic initiatives in emerging or established markets that present large opportunities for LOB, including conducting research studies and developing comprehensive product & marketing recommendations for the segments.
- Executes strategic partnership agreements to fulfill product strategy.
- Generally manages partner relationships: serves as the diplomat to all partner engagements.
- Identifies and trains cross-functional business development team members on LOB inorganic / partnership activities.
- Develops and makes executive recommendations on product and market segments and their competitive components with necessary supporting analysis and detail.
- Provides subject-matter expertise on assigned market areas
- Ability to complete market assessments, leveraging advanced research and analysis and interviewing skills
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously lead and manage multiple projects with many internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about multifaceted items and develop recommendations and action plans.
- A passion for security, identity, or risk
- Ability to negotiate complex business agreements
- An entrepreneurial mindset and familiarity with venture capital and the startup space
- Willingness to learn about new market segments
- MBA or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in investment banking or management consulting.
- Experience in driving business strategies and initiatives with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with impeccable business judgment, thought leadership, and innovation.
- Comfortable operating in a rapidly changing industry.
- Strong modeling, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience in security and/or technology.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the vision and tactical acumen to steer the success of strategic business opportunities for a global business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 31 May 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.