Senior Linux System Administrator
Bedford, MassachusettsJob ID R86386 Date posted Jan. 09, 2019
RSA creates a wide range of industry-leading products that allow customers to take control of risk. Whether those risks stem from external cyber threats, identity and access management challenges, online fraud, compliance pressure or any number of other business and technology issues.
The RSA NetWitness® Platform, our industry-leading threat detection and response platform, leverages logs, packets, endpoints and cyber threat intelligence, in addition to machine learning and security analytics technologies, to speed detection of the most advanced and elusive threats, uncover the full scope of a compromise, and help automate incident response.
Our RSA SecurID® Suite is a comprehensive identity and access management solution that delivers capabilities for authentication, access management, risk analytics, identity governance and user lifecycle management, and it supports cloud-based and on-premises systems.
RSA Archer is our best-of-breed integrated risk management solution, empowering public- and private-sector enterprises to manage multiple dimensions of risk using industry standards, best practices, and a single, configurable, integrated software platform.
With fraud detection rates up to 95 percent, the RSA Fraud & Risk Intelligence Suite protects over 8,000 global customers and has prevented over $8B in fraud losses. 60 billion transactions -- over 6% of the entire global e-commerce card spend -- were protected with Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce and over 1 million cybersecurity attacks were thwarted!
This role is an important supporting role for the global 24/7 SaaS Operations group that supports the full suite of RSA products. Candidates will have a chance to work in a dynamic environment across many product lines and administer technical solutions in hosted data centers and the cloud.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in system build and administration activities within a Redhat and VMWare virtualization environment including server hardening
- Configure, update drivers and tuning of kernel parameters ensuring maximum reliability and performance of systems
- Participate in application of security patches and updates to firmware, operating systems and virtualization hosts
- Account administration and automation of server local accounts and LDAP
- Assist in inventory and asset management in data centers and office locations
- Provide support for applications used to monitor and manage systems and services
- Documentation of systems and processes
- Participate in hardware and systems design process and developing specifications and mapping of customer-facing SaaS services to appropriate technology stacks
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Solid understanding of Linux operating system and hardware architectures (RH7, Dell/Cisco)
- Good understanding of virtual platforms (VMware , VDI, RDS)
- Expert on troubleshooting Unix/Linux system issues and Root Cause Analysis
- Expert with Redhat Satellite, Ansible, automation and scripting
- Experience with storage arrays SAN technologies, replication and backup solutions (EMC preferred)
- Experience with setting up LDAP, DNS , DHCP
- Experience building and supporting systems in AWS preferred
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure in a rapid paced, customer facing, 24/7 production environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a global team and strong work ethic
- Experience with private and public cloud environments a plus
- 5+ years systems OS / server administration
- Active exposure in DevOps environment preferred
- Experience with Windows a bonus
- Good understanding of PCI-DSS and/or working with sensitive data preferred
- 24/7 Operations experience preferred