Senior DevOps Database Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, Bedford, Massachusetts, United States;Remote - Connecticut, United States (All Other);Remote - Kansas, United States;Remote - Massachusetts, United States;Remote - Missouri, United States;Remote - New Hampshire, United States;Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro);Remote - Rhode Island, United States;Remote - Vermont, United StatesJob ID R043423 Date posted Nov. 06, 2019
Senior DevOps Database Engineer
Overland Park, KS (preferred)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior DevOps Database Engineer on our Product Operations team in Overland Park, KS.
When Dell launches new game-changing products into the global market, Product Operations Engineering has a vital role to play. The team coordinates all the operational activities that enable products to be introduced and sustained successfully. It’s about making sure there is consistency between production and test environments. It’s about ensuring hardware, software and networking changes are migrated into the production environment in a stable and controlled way. And it’s about creating build processes, coordinating product builds for release into production and setting up configuration specifications for releases.
RSA creates a wide range of industry-leading products that allow customers to take control of risk. Whether those risks stem from external cyber threats, identity and access management challenges, online fraud, compliance pressure or any number of other business and technology issues.
RSA’s goal is to deliver value to customers as rapidly as possible. To support this we are increasing the efficiency and speed of software engineering and deployment. We are building out a DevOps team to support transformation of our Development and Operations teams. This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer who has a passion for enabling rapid deployment pipelines.
You will have an opportunity to support RSA’s ongoing large scale cloud initiatives. This will involve you working closely with skilled Development and Operations teams, using your experience to ensure that all needs are met as part of code and infrastructure deployment.
You will be expected to understand the needs of software development, operations, and security teams. You will be learning the products, providing guidance to all teams, and ensuring DevOps Methodologies are followed while building out our application platform.
- Strong SQL Server knowledge
- Strong SQL performance tuning skills
- Working experience with cloud based infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, AWS Developer Tools, GitLab CI)
- Experience with configuration and orchestration tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation, OpsWorks)
- Administration of Microsoft SQL Server databases including backup strategy management, account management, and file maintenance
- Troubleshooting database-related systems problems, including performance, exceptions, and other database failures
- Capacity planning and monitoring/reporting of system performance
- Software Development experience with a high-level language and associated IDEs and Version Control Systems (e.g. Golang, Python, Java, IntelliJ, GitLab)
- Understanding of all aspects of a SaaS application stack and associated technologies (Network, OS, Web, App, DB, Storage)
- Able to work in both Linux- and Windows- based environments and associated code frameworks (e.g. .NET)
- BS in CS, IT, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with SaaS services that have migrated to cloud environments
- Ability to build and operate highly available and reliable production systems in the cloud
- Deep understanding of AWS tool suites and capabilities
- Focused on security as a top-level concern throughout the system
- Familiar with compliance requirements in highly regulated industries
- Understands how to use data to make decisions and discover information about the system
- Communicates effectively with both technical and less-technical team members
- Ability to operate in high-stress situations like outages
- Compassionate and empathetic when communicating with customers in order to deliver a pleasant experience
- Understands the need for managing change in a system
- Seeks out opportunities to improve the system and make positive changes
- Focused on continuous documentation and delivery of information in an easily consumable form.
Closing date: December 1 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.