Senior Advisor, Business Operations
Bedford, MassachusettsJob ID R86623 Date posted Jan. 17, 2019
Senior Advisor, Business Operations
Reston VA/Bedford MA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Advisor in the RSA Global Business Operations team in Reston VA or Bedford MA.
- Business Partner for RSA’s NetWitness business management team (senior executive BU leadership) to provide support for the strategy execution and decision-making process. Makes decisions, shapes and/or champions new direction for the software product-offering strategy. Supports team with industry and market research, development, and presentation of new concepts and business models.
- Provides support and content in the formulation of strategy and operational models. Works with the corporate management team to identify, develop and prepare information to assist in managing the business activities. Develops recommendations/best practices based on industry research and use of sound business and operations principles. Participates in operational discussions with the business management team, gives necessary input and analysis around how to improve business processes.
- Provides cross functional leadership on large scale strategic programs (teams of up to 20 or more), or multiple complex, long-term projects that affect organizational long-term goals and objectives. Develops, defines and leads execution of new programs working with multiple departments. Uses well-developed project management and organizational skills to oversee goal and prioritization setting, manage and achieve goals, resolve complex problems, anticipate change and redirect efforts as necessary.
- Performs analysis on key metrics and statistics and provides recommendations for improvement. Drives approval of the recommendations and prioritization of the resulting initiatives.
- Provides financial modeling & valuation guidance, and project management oversight to the M&A due diligence processes. Conducts market research to facilitate the development of M&A pipeline. Stays abreast of trends in the market and viable startups of interest to RSA’s strategic direction.
- Provides coaching and mentoring as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management.
- Ability to lead and operate in a matrix environment.
- Sense of urgency.
- Possesses strong analytical and modeling skills
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge (Security industry experience a plus.)
- Ability to describe subsystems at a functional level.
- Thorough understanding of financial statement analysis.
- An Entrepreneurial Mindset
- MBA plus 2-3 years or equivalent experience.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can take innovative products and solutions from inception to completion, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell
Closing date: 2/26/19.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.