Security Senior Engineer (FedRAMP)
Bedford, MassachusettsJob ID R78926 Date posted Jun. 11, 2019
RSA creates a wide range of industry-leading products that allow customers to take control of risk. Whether those risks stem from external cyber threats, identity and access management challenges, online fraud, compliance pressure or any number of other business and technology issues.
This role is for a candidate who is looking to be a key member of the security operations team for a global 24/7 SaaS Operations group. Candidates will have a chance to work on the SecurID Access RSA hosted product running on public cloud environments.
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information security and FedRAMP compliance. Candidate must have strong experience and understanding of information security concepts, and will need to interface with technical operations, cloud/dev operations, R&D and Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) teams. The ideal candidate will take pride in delivering superior results and is able to adapt to the changing priorities in a fast-paced production SaaS environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in day to day security operational activities within FedRAMP and pre-FedRAMP environments
- Confirm and document vulnerability and security risks and develop mitigation plans
- Monitor and validate security controls
- Lead response to security alerts, incidents and issues – develop and lead process improvement plans
- Ensure security controls meet FedRAMP/SOC2 compliance needs and best practices
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated best practice usage of security technologies in public cloud environments: Vulnerability scanning and management, SIEM / logging, WAF, security groups and network segmentation, system hardening, incident response and malware prevention
- Defining and documenting security controls, monitoring and alerting around these controls
- Advanced understanding of host operating systems including Linux-focused experience
- Strong understanding of multi-tier application architecture on infrastructure and cloud environments
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure in rapid paced, customer facing 24/7 production environments
- Self-starter with strong work ethic willing to identify issues and lead them to conclusion
- Ability to see the big picture and present ideas clearly with demonstrated thought leadership
- 5-10 years industry experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated skill securing sensitive data in production environments
- Strong understanding FedRAMP, SOC2, NIST, CSA or other security compliance frameworks
- Industry security certifications a plus
- BS in CS, IT, or related field or equivalent work experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to work on diverse and highly complex information security problems, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: August 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.