RSA Conference Content Specialist
Bedford, MassachusettsJob ID R83916 Date posted Jun. 11, 2019
RSA Conference Content Specialist
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
RSA Conference is the premier series of global events and on Demand programs where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, the Asia-Pacific region or online, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. RSA Conference is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today.
The RSA Conference Content Specialist will be responsible for working with the Director, Content & Curation, to help shape the content for RSA Conferences globally, and work with the external Program Committee, attendees, vendors, industry movers & shakers, the media, and content creation teams. This role involves a lot of reading and listening—to individuals and the industry—and understanding needs, with the opportunity to create innovative, interesting and impactful content and programs.
Candidate should have practical experience in cybersecurity and a solid working understanding of security products, vendors and challenges, as well as good contacts with cyber influencers. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, communicator, and team player, with a strong interest in research. A background in analyst relations, public relations and product marketing is a plus.
- Manage the Call for Speakers process, review submissions and presentations, and support the Director, Content & Curation and the Program Committee in helping to refine and curate top quality content
- Develop/maintain relationships with members of the RSA Conference community to understand the state and direction of the cybersecurity industry and further develop RSAC’s diverse network of speakers
- Continuously improve the content for the Conference in terms of depth and breadth, helping to define and develop new and innovative content approaches for various constituents and key target audiences
- Facilitate the developmental needs of speakers
- Write blogs and contribute other materials, including podcasts, to support overall online content strategy
- Assist the web team with the organization of content to best support objectives
- Collaborate with the larger team and Dell to assure compliance with policies, while representing the interests of our speaker community
- Must have a solid understanding of cybersecurity, technology and players (vendors, certifications, etc.) and a genuine desire to advance the knowledge of cybersecurity professionals
- Strong writing skills
- Must be a team player and open to new ideas/perspectives
- Must have proven ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external teams
- Interest in understanding other learning platforms and exploring different learning models and approaches
- Prior experience working with industry analysts and the press helpful
- Must be able to travel internationally
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.