Director, Inside Sales and Business Development
Bedford, MassachusettsJob ID R85921 Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Inside Sales Manager on our Inside Sales team in Bedford MA.
Not even ground-breaking products sell themselves. That’s the job of our inside sales professionals. They take to market a product portfolio that includes PCs, electronics, accessories, mobility products, enterprise solutions, services and packaged software. Inside Sales Management is all about managing, inspiring and motivating professionals at all levels to deliver against targets. Beyond day-to-day people management, our team also shapes, executes and communicates specific sales strategies.
In this role you will be directing the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
- Manager of leaders who motivate and drive the inside sales organization to meet or exceed performance objectives through effective management of frontline sales managers and resources
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group leaders, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company
- Manages, through subordinate supervisors and leaders, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing Influences and participates in the quota setting process at the team/individual level
- Drives the relationship (where appropriate) with operations and manages the relationship between inside and field sales personnel
- Provides direction, development and inspiration to the team members in the organization
- Understands the market in which the company operates, including our business/industry, our competitors and uses that knowledge to plan for the future.
- Drives superior customer experience by delivering technology solutions tailored to customer needs while ensuring the removal of barriers and driving strategic alignment in the group, responsible for an overall quota.
- Experience in a large enterprise sales organization with at least 10+ years.
- Handles more challenging customer escalation issues Second level leader, understands selling environment and capable of building familiarity with segment and product/service offerings Identifies appropriate products and services to meet the full range of customer needs
- Trains and develops team members on both products and selling techniques
- We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re an inspirational motivator of people and a visionary sales strategist, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.