Sr. Specialist, Product Offer Management
Bayan Lepas, MalaysiaJob ID R87381 Date posted Jul. 13, 2019
Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Sr. Specialist, Product Offer Management (I5) on our Engineering Services team in Dell SWTC, Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia.
Product Offer Management is key to deploying and managing product data for Dell products’ initial release and any engineering changes that follow. The team is also crucial to managing products and peripheral components though product release and the associated change activities post release. Put simply, they help to keep our game-changing products at their ground-breaking best. Along the way, the team works directly with diverse functions to help guide project management in the definition, design, building and shipping of systems configuration requirements.
- Leads, deploys, maintains, and manages Product Data (PD).
- Works directly with functional areas across marketing, sales, engineering, pricing, demand/supply & more in support of new and sustaining offers.
- Direct project management to define and design, build and ship systems configuration & software & peripheral requirements.
- Helps guide product marketing and sales on product offer strategy to help grow sales and gain market share.
- Establishes and maintains PD governance and cadence of customer offer types globally across company sales catalogs to control sales offer stability and product data (PD) volumes globally.
- Directly supports revenue targets by providing complete, accurate order codes to internal sales reps and Dell’s online customers.
- Establishes and implements configuration and offer management policies and procedures in support of PG, Engineering, Sales and Marketing requirements across hardware and software configuration requirements.
- Manages product data (PD) marketing and engineering changes and deviations in support of new products across all sales motions and engines.
- Manages current products and peripheral components through product release and the associated change activities, post release.
- Validates, processes and verifies product data (PD). Ensures data integrity does not fall below established departmental expectations across all global online and offline sales motions and engines.
- Coordinates activities in support of assigned commodities with appropriate customers to establish product schedules and release activities.
- Establishes and maintains product data (PD) governance and cadence of customer offer types globally across company sales catalogs in conjunction with organizations such as sales, demand/supply, finance, IT, marketing, engineering and our outsourcing partners.
- Methodically directs product data (PD) change control activities by researching, analyzing and validating PD in accordance with configuration management guidelines, specifications, documentation and alerts.
- Ensures offer stability to sales and valid information through the release of product data (PD) across all sales motions online & offline.
- Identify strategic opportunities across catalog, supply chain types, and markets globally to help guide PG product marketing to develop and gain market share.
- Identify and implement product data (PD) long-term operational efficiencies and process improvements in support of revenue targets.
- Prioritizes and routes product data (PD) for new product launches and sustaining data change requests through the product life cycle, ensuring all relevant and appropriate approvals are in place. Minimizes the amounts of change requests associated to the product data (PD) in Work in Process (WIP) by improving status and follow-up techniques with customers.
- Validates and verifies all product data (PD) is compliant with customer expectations e.g. Marketing, Pricing, Online, New Product Information (NPI), and ensures Engineering Change Order (ECO) package is complete in accordance to Product Group Configuration Management (PGCM) and Product Group Documentation Services (PGDS) documentation standards prior to review and final approved distribution.
- Seniors one small/medium project to closure with the agreed timelines and quality standards.
- Ensures that work product is delivered in accordance with departmental specifications for quality and turnaround time.
- Typically requires 3-5+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree, or an advanced degree.
- Basic systems application knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of product data.
- Able to on board as soon as possible.
- Good initiative and learning spirit.
- Positive working attitude.
- Willing to work overtime.
- Willing to be on backup on rotation during Public Holidays.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to play a key role in supporting the global release and evolution of innovative technology, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.