Senior Engineer, Enterprise Technical Support - SST
Bayan Lepas, MalaysiaJob ID R83878 Date posted Dec. 26, 2018
Senior Engineer , Technical Support
Bayan Lepas, Penang
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Engineer, Technical Support on our Technical Support Team in Bayan Lepas, Penang
Transforming raw data into insight. Predicting the future through analysis. These are our core strengths as a groundbreaking organization changing the world through technology. Our Data Intelligence Engineering team applies science to data to predict and model future outcomes. Our engineers lead the way in developing new methods of generating meaning from data – developing new environments, methodologies, processes, tools and data governance structures. They also propose strategic or tactical plans based on business data and market trends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
APJ Solution Support Team (SST)
- Diagnosis and troubleshoot via telephone, networking solutions, computer systems, servers/storage & software systems, and high complexity low volume products (HCLV) within standard time frames.
- Escalation of issues to the Product Support team and/or Technical Support Manager in order to resolve the issue to the customer's complete satisfaction.
- Analytical, articulate, result-oriented and provide excellent follow-up.
- Maintain accurate call logging and tracking into Helpdesk database.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work with diverse range of people with varying levels of technical understanding and ability in international environment.
- Degree in Computer Science / IT related discipline with at least 5-7 year related working experience.
- Advance Diploma/Diploma holders in Computer Science/IT related discipline with a minimum of 10 years working experience in providing direct support to end-users either in customer service/field engineering or corporate help desk are also encouraged to apply.
- Extensive software-defined storage (SDS) experience on Nutanix and storage troubleshooting
- Knowledgeable in all Dell Enterprise product such as EQL, Compellent, Power Connect, Force10, PowerEdge and PowerVault will be an added advantage
- Those with professional certification from Nutanix/Cisco/VMWare/Microsoft/Red Hat will have an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems, networking, virtualization, cloud computing, iSCSI, Fibre Channel (SAN, NAS, TBU)
- Experience with network switch technologies (Ethernet, Fibre Channel) deployment, configuration, monitoring, and support.
- Review performance issues on the data center infrastructure and determine the most effective way to optimize the system performance.
- Exposure & knowledge to the following technologies:
o Microsoft Windows Operation System Clustering
o Linux Operating System Clustering
o Software-Define Storage/Cloud Computing Setup and Optimization
- Strong understanding and technical ability on Dell (or other vendors) Enterprise Product line; networking, virtualization, server, storage, backup, security appliance
- Able to work after business-hours (on-call duty/escalation)
- Analytical skill for problem solving and equipped with good presentation skill
- Speak, read and write proficiently in English for both technical and non-technical audience (technical & professional writing capability is a must). Added language skills will be an advantage
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can analyze complex business problems and inform key decision-making, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.