Senior Analyst, IT Service Operations (Application Support DevOps Engineer)
Bayan Lepas, MalaysiaJob ID R043020 Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
Sr. Analyst, IT Service Operations
Location - Malaysia
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Dev-Ops Engineer to our Reliability Engineering team in Bangalore.
Driving human progress is not just about providing cutting-edge technology – it’s also about maintaining and supporting it. Our IT Service Operations team provides holistic support and proactive monitoring to maintain the overall health of IT applications, tools and infrastructure in complex global businesses. We are subject matter experts in hardware, data and software, security, information access, system performance and data integrity. We also work in partnership with other IT functions and departments to recommend process improvements and resolve system outages.
- Play role as Production Support DEVOPS lead for HR applications.
- Manage and support critical Corporate applications and ensure application uptime is 100%.
- Work on High and critical production incidents and restore business processes on priority.
- Identify recurring production issues and work towards recovering these by identifying and deploying permanent fixes.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques; participate in educational opportunities
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new refinements; work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Be persistent, creative problem solver
- Understand business need and know how to create the tools to manage them.
- Sound knowledge on HCM Functions, Reporting, Core Connectors, EIB in Workday application.
- Knows Workday Report Writer and can create custom integrations using Workday Cloud Connect and Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB).
- Capable in analyzing and translating business requirements to technical requirements.
- L3 production support with few Weekend On-call duties.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency on critical issues impacting business functions and ensure to resolve them with agility.
- Troubleshoot application defects/code bugs in depth and find expert solutions.
- Web services, XML, XSLT, Java, .NET or other integration technologies
- Networks Fundamentals – TCP/IP, Routing Protocols, Troubleshooting.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Databases
- 4-5 years with experience preferably in enterprise product companies
- Self-motivated, approachable, and adaptable and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal English is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in IT and\ or equivalent work experience
- Working experience on Cloud Preferred - Pivotal Cloud foundry, Agile Methodology and Version Control systems [GIT or JIRA or TFS]
- Good to have exposure to automation tools and languages including Python, Selenium
- Good to have exposure to Pivotal and PCF platforms
- Keen interest in keeping up to date on the latest trends and technologies
- Adaptatively mindset to apply the correct technology (programming language, design patterns) to different business needs.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the expertise to support groundbreaking technology, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.