Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
Bayan Lepas, MalaysiaJob ID R27171 Date posted Mar. 04, 2019
- Diagnosis & troubleshoot via telephone, for enterprise related issues within standard time frames (not necessarily issues affecting Dell Enterprise hardware).
- Collaborative work with Resolution Manager, Technical Account Manager Sales and other functionality on escalation of issues to the Product Support team and/or Technical Support Manager in order to resolve the issue to the customer's complete satisfaction.
- Analytical, articulate, result-oriented and provide excellent follow-up.
- Maintain accurate call logging and tracking into Helpdesk Delta/DCSS/Copilot database.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work with diverse range of people with varying levels of technical understanding and ability in international environment.
- Field engineering/on-site support duties when necessary. (Willingness to travel when required)
- Senior L1 with a proven record of excellence as a Technical Support Senior Analyst or equivalent and a thorough understanding of Solutions-level support of Enterprise hardware, software and networking infrastructure, with at least one specialty SME skill area. Aid in the development of peers through knowledge transfer.
- Responsible for being the single point of technical excellence for complex Enterprise escalations, and driving resolution with the junior L1s to the end customer, managing vendors, engineering, and other technical and non-technical stakeholders involved where appropriate.
- This role is primarily office based, but there will be occasions whereby a customer-facing on-site engagement throughout South Asia to provide a quicker resolution and superior customer experience will be necessary.
- Degree in Computer Science / IT related discipline with at least 5 year related working experience.
- Advance Diploma/Diploma holders in Computer Science/IT related discipline with a minimum of 3 years working experience in providing direct support to end-users either in customer service/field engineering or corporate help desk are also encouraged to apply.
- CCNP/CCIE/JNCIE certified. (Routing & Switching / Data Center preferable)
- Extensive networking experience (design, implementation, support) including strong knowledge of fundamental networking principals (TCP/IP, OSI, packet-flow, etc)
- Understanding of access technologies (Ethernet, Fiber)
- Knowledge of other network principles – QoS, DCBx, ACL, DNS, DHCP, High Availability
- Exposure networking hardware and software troubleshooting and experience in dealing with the following technologies:
-Storage/Data Center networking (iSCSI/Fiber-Channel)
-Wireless Networking (Aruba/Cisco Mobility solutions)
-IEEE 802.1x technology
-Advanced networking and security solutions - Metro-E/MPLS/IP VPN/UTM/SSL (an added advantage)
-Network Management System (an added advantage)
-Microsoft and VMware virtualization
-Enterprise OS and clustering – Microsoft, Linux, etc (an added advantage)
- Strong understanding and technical ability on Dell (or other vendors) Enterprise Product line; networking, virtualization, server, storage, backup, security appliance
- Those with professional certification from VMWare/Microsoft/Red Hat/Novell will have an added advantage.
- Able to work after business-hours (on-call duty/escalation)
- Speak, read and write proficiently in English for both technical and non-technical audience.