Enterprise Technical Support Engineer 2
Bayan Lepas, MalaysiaJob ID R28038 Date posted Mar. 18, 2019
- Provide a timely response to customer escalations utilising all Dell resources including other SME’s necessary to quickly and accurately diagnose, troubleshoot and repair customer’s solution with appropriate notification to all required staff (TAMs, SMT, IPS, Third Party Vendors, and Partners etc.)
- Identify trends and product issues, carry out failure analysis, recreate the issues in the lab, escalate to IPS / PG and work with them through to resolution.
- Engage on critical situation (Sev 1a) escalations, collaborating with all relevant parties both internal and external to Dell, providing round the clock support, action plans, both remote and onsite intervention through to resolution.
- Provide out of hours support to the 24x7 teams on customer issues in area of expertise, when needed.
- Clearly and concisely log all actions maintaining and updating the case management tool to ensure customer information is current and accurate.
- Providing RCA’s and PIR’s for incidents as requested by the customer via TAM services.
- Play a key role in the NPI process ensuring all relevant departments are ready and make decisions on RTS within the Global process where necessary.
- Implement and own process improvements utilising BPI / Business Excellence and ensuring proficiency in this area.
- Put the customer experience first and directly or indirectly positively impact VOC through all of the above
- Travels to customer site as required.
- Detail “Lessons Learned” from vendor/IPS/etc escalations within dell’s internal KB (i.e. Delta Knowledge).
- Provide additional value to customers (internal and external) through non-traditional methods of support (i.e. Sharepoint documentation, walkthrough videos, forum participation, etc).
- Partner with TAMs, SDMs, Architects, etc. to address current/ future issues as needed or when issue is identified
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify, contain, and resolve issues related to product, support, etc
- CCNA, CCNP certified or Equivalent.
- Preferable a bachelor's degree with not less than 4 years in IT
- Possess Server, Storage and Networking troubleshooting skills.
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Outstanding Analytical Skills.
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills.
- Effective use of On-line tools.
- Good understanding and execution of Dell's policies and procedures
- Detail Oriented.
- MCSE or any other professional certification is an advantage.