Bayan Lepas, MalaysiaJob ID R74084 Date posted Jun. 07, 2019
- Prepare / Review rebates related journal entries and balance sheet recons. Analyse the reasonableness of the balances and ensure timely closure of the aged items.
- Lead the discussion on channel related topics representing APJ Accounting, able to provide insight, add value / highlight concerns from Accounting perspective.
- Handle all channel accounting related queries, be it from Regional Accounting, Finance, FPnA or business.
- Provide half yearly channel revenue recognition red flag training to Finance, including updating the relevance of the presentation slide and the topic coverage.
- Review the APJ channel inventory balance on a weekly basis, highlight anomalies, set up regular review with Finance Controllers, document the findings in Channel Inventory Review template and send to Global Channel Accounting Lead for compilation.
- Update in the focal review for tracking of Channel related issue including channel inventory balance, price protection and inventory provision trending.
- Perform and review the adequacy of APJ rebates accrual.
- Monitor the APJC Channel Accounting and ensure that revenue and rebates are accounted according to the ASC 606
- Able to explain and provide commentary on rebates related PnL flux for quarterly supplemental review and revenue walk review
- Able to explain and provide commentary on rebates related QoQ and YoY BS flux for quarterly CFR review.
- Review the Channel / rebates related contracts and provide advice and guidance on accounting treatment. Bring up to Corporate for discussion / advice if there is any ambiguity.
- Always look for simplification / process improvement opportunities on Channel related areas.
- Perform ASC 606 rebates deferral and amortisation adjustment and propose for statutory adjustment as required per local country statutory reporting.
- Provide timely and regular update to Accounting Director on channel related development or business updates.
- Work on additional projects / short term assignment as and when required.
- Present in meetings / forum etc. on channel related topics.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the rebate accountant.
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or professional accounting qualification
- Minimum of 6 years’ working experience in related field
- Able to work independently and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff