- Provides technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff in the development of fully integrated data protection technology solutions in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market.
- Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated data protection technology solutions.
- Acts as technical expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology and business requirements of assigned customers.
- Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management. Understands DELL EMC and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign.
- Serves as a trusted technology advisor to customers and serves as an internal resource on technical issues or specific business applications within an assigned market segment.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to technical staff and top management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to DELL EMC solutions, and train the account team.
- Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into DELL EMC's engineering and marketing organizations.
- Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Leads technical sales calls
- Configures and documents DELL EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed DELL EMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and DELL EMC management.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5-10+ yrs of enterprise sales engineering management experience, be a self-motivated leader, highly energetic, with a strong hands-on, “can do” approach.
- Deep expertise in back-up recovery products/solutions required, either from the Dell EMC Portfolio (DD, Avamar, Networker, Receoverpoint, etc) or competitor product lines.
- Knowledge of database, virtualization and Public Cloud Solutions is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives.
- A high level of business acumen and experience bringing technology solutions to solve business challenges.