Senior Principal Engineer, Product Technologist VxFlex
AustraliaJob ID R035731 Date posted Sep. 20, 2019
Product Technology Team Principal/Sr. Engineer
The Product Technology Team (PTT) is an outward facing arm of the Dell EMC VxFlex family product engineering team and serves as the technical interface between engineering and the Dell EMC field, partners and customers.
The Product Technology Team Engineer is a challenging, high impact, and deeply technical role in an emerging technology area of the Dell EMC business. This senior resource requires a unique mix technical acumen and executive presence and will be responsible for delivering and driving both deeply technical as well as executive leadership focused engagement with the Dell EMC field, partners, and customers on the VxFlex family of products.
The role requires a strong background with both the technical and business aspects of software defined storage technologies. In addition, he or she will also have a deep understanding of hyper-converged and converged infrastructure design and implementation. Exemplary communication and presentation skills are critical to success in this role.
A PTT Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Be the Technical interface between product engineering and the Dell EMC field, partners and customers
- Driving engagement with and providing technical and thought leadership to the Dell EMC, and partner fields
- Driving revenue and customer satisfaction for the VxFlex family offerings through proactive engagement
- Field Evangelism as VxFlex familyTechnologists SMEs (Events, Roadshows, EBCs, Etc)
- Supporting large strategic opportunities, including architectural and application design consulting for complex deployments
- Developing and delivering Dell EMC VxFlex Family boot camps
- Conducting Feedback sessions with Product Management and Engineering
- Fostering and expanding Dell EMC’s relationships with Customer Business and Technical Decision Makers
- Continuously nurture and expand sales, business, technology, and competitive readiness
- Mentorship of future and new PTT team members
- Actively participate in internal Dell EMC technical communities and in the broader industry through events, community gatherings and more.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can act as a technical authority in a ground-breaking business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.