Wireless Engineering Technologist
Austin, TexasJob ID R85933 Date posted Jan. 09, 2019
Wireless Engineering Technologist – CTO Technology Strategy Team
Dell’s CTO team hires some of the brightest and most talented engineers and technologists in the industry. We are seeking a candidate who brings a blend of outside in thinking, strong technical skills, strategy and planning capabilities, and an unwavering drive for results to join our team.
This role is responsible for defining the future vision and technology strategy for wireless communications for our client portfolio of products. You will be part of a team of highly motivated technologists who are responsible for defining the future vision of client architectures and solutions for Dell client products. The Wireless Engineering Technologist will be responsible for working closely with other technologists, advanced architecture, product marketing, procurement and experience design engineers to define and implement wireless technology strategies for WAN, WLAN, and Bluetooth technologies that delight our customers and stun the competition.
From applied research to advanced engineering, the Engineering Technologist team has the expertise to shape ground-breaking products, material and processes. It’s a fascinating field of work. We’re involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies and generating intellectual property. We lead technology investigations, analyze industry capabilities and recommend potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities. Our insights influence product architecture and definitions. And we work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
- Define and drive the long term wireless technology strategy for Dell’s client business.
- Conceive and define concepts for new wireless products, features, or capabilities
- Incubate new wireless products, technologies, or features that enable product leadership and innovation
- Develop POC and technical specifications for new wireless features and capabilities
- Manage vendor relationships for technology incubation projects
- Generate intellectual property
- Perform strategic analysis of customer pain points, industry capabilities, and developing recommendations to influence technical strategies
- Represent Dell on wireless standards bodies
Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability for being a creative force within the organization
- Ability to define, evangelize, and mobilize an organization around a strategy
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Managing complex critical projects and cross functional teams
- Ability to effectively interface and manage suppliers
- BS or MS degree with 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in the PC industry and specifically in wireless technologies
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.