Value Engineering Technical Program Manager - Austin, TX
Austin, TexasJob ID R044473 Date posted Nov. 06, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Value Engineering Program Manager on our Commodity Management team in Austin, TX.
Showcasing excellence and innovation at every stage, Product Management is responsible for the cross-functional management of products or solutions through their entire lifecycle. Using a wealth of technical and industry experience, we work across functional areas to implement our products or solutions. We undertake thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize profitability and adjust our product strategies to respond to competition. Our role also involves acting as subject matter experts for internal and external product events or partner meetings and support the sourcing strategy by calling out the industry overview, supply chain, cost position and recommendation for Dell management strategy
- Develop, communicate and maintain Server & Storage structural cost targets from Define through Plan Phase in a variety of working to executive forums.
- Interface with Engineering, Marketing, Program Management and Procurement teams to develop Server component and system level cost analysis, Technology Tax, Design to Value and Design to Cost insights.
- Drive product cost optimization through product development, procurement and product teardown activities and teams.
- Maintain program cost analysis schedule and deliverables milestone alignment with Program Management and core teams.
- 8+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (EE/ME/IE/CS); or 4+ years with a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in Product Design/Engineering
- Proven program management skills
- Influencing skills to guide X-functional teams in the appropriate direction
- 2+ years of experience in Procurement and/or Engineering
- Existing knowledge of overall design cycle, landscape, and driving cross functional alignment
- Knowledge of existing electrical and/or mechanical technologies and processes
- Fundamental understanding of Design For Cost/Value
- Strong program management skills
- Strong influencing skills to guide X-functional teams in the appropriate direction
- Familiarity with x86 technologies
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can take innovative products and solutions from inception to completion, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.