Technology & Innovation Program Manager
Round Rock, Texas, Austin, Texas, United States;Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United StatesJob ID R044427 Date posted Nov. 09, 2019
Technology & Innovation Program Manager
Location: Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technology & Innovation Program Manager on our Legal Operations team.
From commercial contracts to cyber security, IP to ethical practices – Dell’s Legal teams always have new, interesting and complex challenges to tackle. Legal Operations provides all the administrative, reporting and program management support they need to succeed. Whether focused locally, regionally or globally, Legal Operations professionals develop plans, oversee programs and processes and maintain records. They review legal data, provide policy information and legal advice across the organization and manage a wide range of legal business matters.
This is a full-time legal department position dedicated to driving fulfillment of the goals of the legal department's knowledge management and technology optimization initiative. This individual will act as the department’s Technology & Innovation Program Manager across the portfolio of technology & innovation initiatives across Legal.
This role requires someone who is knowledge management and technology savvy, results-driven with advanced project management experience, and able to direct project teams in a complex evolving technology environment.
- Develops and manages project plans and coordinates across multiple projects
- Identifies risks and issues and develops appropriate mitigation plans
- Proactively manages and monitors the execution of deliverables and statuses
- Manages the critical path, dependencies, and contingencies
- Partners with the broader Legal Strategy & Operations team, as well as the broader Legal team, building client understanding, managing change, confidence, and enthusiastic acceptance for proposed solutions
- Operates within a collaborative environment with highly motivated colleagues and interacts with all parts of the department and IT
- Identifies opportunities then develops and executes plans to increase global legal team productivity and efficiency through the use of technology solutions and effective knowledge management practices
- Initial focus areas will include leading the efforts to: leverage and maximize value of legal work product and expertise; eliminate unnecessary redundancies; streamline or automate handling of routine matters to increase efficiency or capacity; contribute to development or enhancement of client self-service tools; confirm and promote related best practices
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Process optimization experience required
- Strategically agile; adapts well to change
- Strong communication skills; articulate and able to modulate communications based on audience
- Strong time management skills
- Global skills; experience driving global scale initiatives and with global stakeholder engagement
- Thought leader
- Incredible drive for results, meticulous attention to detail and exception sense of quality, personally accountability
- Ability to demystify complex activities and convey in a simple, straight forward manner
- Intentional focus on building great relationships, values diverse perspectives, lives our purpose and values, and is recognized as someone people want to work with
- Six Sigma Certification
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready for the variety and challenge that comes with supporting a dynamic Legal function in a game-changing global business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.