Technical Support Engineer - Secureworks - Atlanta, GA, Providence, RI or Austin, TX
Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, United States;Providence, Rhode Island, United StatesJob ID R050530 Date posted Jan. 11, 2020
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for someone passionate about providing software support through many channels of communication including email, phone, chat, forums, and social media. This role will be focused on supporting our recently launched Red Cloak Threat Detection and Response application and will work closely with customers, product management, and engineering to help our customers.
The ideal candidate will have strong troubleshooting skills, be driven to help customers, and able to dive deep into a new product and learn it inside and out.
Core Responsibilities Include
· Deliver excellent customer service
· Document customer issues
· Perform initial triage and troubleshooting with the customer
· Assist software developers in the resolution of issues
· Create technical documents and knowledge base articles
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
- Maintain excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Convey technical jargon in a wide-array of syntax from beginner level users to developers in our tickets as well as knowledge base articles
- Possess a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to empower end-users to support themselves using our knowledge base
- You have a real passion for social media or web-based software. An appreciation for easy to use, intuitive software
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- Understanding of Kubernetes and docker environments
- Understanding of UNIX commands (for search, and other command line features)
- Awesome sense of humor
Preferred Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years of technical support experience
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments
- Experience troubleshooting in a SaaS environment
- Experience working in the cybersecurity industry
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.