Systems Concept Architect - Austin, Texas CS17
Austin, TexasJob ID R77979 Date posted Nov. 13, 2018
Systems Concept Architect
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Systems Concept Architect.
From applied research to advanced engineering, the Engineering Technologist team has the expertise to shape ground-breaking products, material and processes. It’s a fascinating field of work. We’re involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies and generating intellectual property. We lead technology investigations, analyze industry capabilities and recommend potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities. Our insights influence product architecture and definitions. And we work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
Understands trends in partnership with senior leadership develops the strategic direction for technology initiatives
Participates and presents at Customer Executive Briefings
Provides organization-wide expertise and leadership in the design and development of next generation initiatives
Generates IP including multiple invention disclosures per year and patent filings
Ability to represent the company by presenting in public forums, contributing to technical publications, and leading in strategic industry forums
Provides mentoring and leadership in the Dell technical community
Writes technical papers (e g , white papers) that clearly articulate industry and company trends in t Typically requires 8-10+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of a product technology and system level integration
- Knowledge of engineering methods in a field of specialty
- Ability to interface effectively with suppliers to ensure they are both doing research and providing information on products or services that have value to company, instigating and coordinating these efforts as necessary on a continual basis
- Ability to represent the company in basic negotiation with vendors, OEMs, or internal teams
- Ability to conduct presentations to peers, cross- functional teams and director level of leadership
- Understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products, and competitor's offerings
- Understanding of Dell’s long-term business goals and objectives
- Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to be at the forefront of driving world-class technology innovation, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.