Strategic Marketing and Business Development Manager - IoT Solutions
Austin, TexasJob ID R33474 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Strategic Marketing Business Development Manager on our IoT team.
Dell Technologies' new IoT solutions group is launching a solution in the area of federated analytics with a focus on predictive maintenance, computer vision and statistical machine learning.
As part of this team, we are looking for an ambitious and creative Marketing and Business Development Manager who can lead, operational support for the product and sales teams by building and executing strategic marketing plans to drive awareness and adoption of our new solution. You will have ownership and accountability for your area and be a key part of the destiny of the IoT strategy at Dell Technologies
If you have deep marketing experience in a high-tech, dynamic environment and excellent partner engagement skills , this is the perfect role for you.
- Develop messaging and positioning, working closely with Product Management and sales, to differentiate us in the market
- Build effective value proposition & messaging for other audiences like field, partners, press, and analysts.
- Develop and execute content marketing strategies that drive awareness, engagement and adoption to reach various audience(s) via presentations, web, brochures and solution briefs
- Build a GTM (go-to-market) plan which includes collaterals, demos, press releases, white papers, webinars and participating in trade shows
- Own and maintain a multi-faceted, strategic and tactical marketing plan for the solution
- Drive team participation at key events through the year, through development of strategy, messaging and logistics
- Handle sales enablement as needed (product introduction, change in product roadmap, etc.) by creating sales tools and collateral (PowerPoint presentations, datasheets, white papers, customer case studies, demos, and training materials) as required by the field
- Regular reporting on and interpretation of KPIs, both for specific campaigns and for overall marketing pipeline efforts
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish partner strategy and priorities that will determine recruiting and partner development focus.
- Be responsible for recruiting, developing and supporting strategic technology partnerships and the partner ecosystem.
- Be the first point of contact for partners around all key areas (operations, financial, sales, training, product enhancement, etc.) and drive new partnerships, support integration of new products to existing partners, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of daily business issues.
- BA/BS in Marketing/ Engineering/ Business; MBA preferred
- Approx. 5-10 years work experience in product management, product marketing, partner management ,business development or equivalent experience in the enterprise software technology industry
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; public speaking is a plus. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
- Experience positioning technical solutions to business buyers
- Be comfortable giving demos and interacting with C level executives
- Previous experience working in Internet of Things/ Edge Computing, AI/ML, Data Science, Big Data is a plus
- Willing to travel 25% of the time
- Social Media presence a plus
- Passionate about technology, and excited to learn new things
- Ambitious, self-motivated and team player
- Willingness to work in a startup environment with "Get things done" attitude
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.