Sr Tableau Designer- Austin, TX
Austin, TexasJob ID R89737 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
Sr Tableau Designer
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Support and Deployment Services Technology Product Development Team is in search of a Sr Tableau Designer. As a Senior Tableau Designer, you will be a key player in setting the vision for a data storytelling platform, inventing the future of data interactivity, making artist-quality tools intuitive for everyone, and more. You’ll be a tight partner with a multidisciplinary feature team who work together to delight our customers as well as a member of a design team who is helping people see and understand data.
• Turning complex and technical concepts into experiences that feel simple and straightforward.
• Crafting scenarios, user flows, wireframes, and working prototypes that clearly communicate design intent to everyone, designers and non-designers alike.
• Through your product work, helping non-designers and customers build out beautiful and intuitive dashboards
• Working directly with engineers and PMs on projects from beginning to end.
• Fostering a healthy customer facing design by giving and receiving feedback with maturity and perspective.
• Working together to coach, mentor, and grow newer designers.
• Championing ways to increase the quality and impact of our design and our customer brand.
• Expert Tableau experience.
• Typically requires 8+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree;or 6+ years with a Masters;or 3+ years with PHD;or equivalent experience
• Proven experience in UX design, visual design, or other applicable experience with a solid understanding of design process, best practices, and a rich portfolio of design work that goes beyond simple websites and mobile apps.
• Domain savvy. Experience with ETL, data visualization, and/or designing multi-system products and services is a big plus.
• Ability to be results-oriented. You work fast and generate a wide variety of high-quality solutions.
• Someone that is a life-long learner. Finding and sharing new design tools and processes, new technical areas, and better ways to get things done.
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in User Experience related field (UX design, HCI, HCDE, graphic design, etc.).
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.