Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering - MDC
Austin, TexasJob ID R033504 Date posted Sep. 05, 2019
- We are the elite IT Infrastructure sales Engineering team with a passion to lead our customers on their journey to modernize, automate, transform, and simplify their Data Center Strategy. We achieve this through the use of innovative and trusted compute, storage, and networking solutions that enable multi cloud environments.
- Looking for a Senior Manager of Presales to lead and manage the Data Center Architecture team. This leadership position is responsible for profitable and balanced revenue and market share achievement across Dell EMC portfolios driving IT, Digital, Workforce and Security Transformations in support of our customers.
- Ability to maintain a purposeful eye on the future, establish a clear vision for the org and develop the execution strategy to achieve success.
- Ability to lead large, global, diverse, multi-generational organizations with a steady hand during times of uncertainty and change.
Principal Job Responsibilities
- Directly oversees Presales teams and ensure collaboration and alignment with Sales strategy is aligned to best serve our customers.
- Work closely with the GTM Presales leadership in the Sales Strategy development.
- Define, execute and drive Sales strategy.
- Responsible for delivering country annual plan, financial performance and Enterprise share gains (relative performance).
- Committed to and complies with our people strategy; Inspiring leader, Winning together and Entrepreneurial Spirit. He/she advocates for Dell EMC values and culture, Diversity and Inclusion, and attracts develops and retains best team members.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities to develop personal executive relationships.
- Responsible for quota setting at the team/individual level.
- Drives strategic Sales Engineering and/or Specialist plans and pipeline development.
- Understands complexities of the environment and works collaboratively with all Dell EMC teams (e.g GTM sales/presales, core sales, sales operations and Services) to solve customers’ business issues.
- Establishes plans and strategies to defend, expand, and grow the customer base.
- Identify, hire, mentor, coach, manage and motivate a diverse team of technical sales specialists and engineers.
- Can effectively interface at many levels with Executive Leadership.
- Thoroughly understands and articulates the business transformational initiatives and technical direction, capabilities and business solution to our customers.
- Requires the ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Can reach appropriate resolution in many varied situations without damaging internal or external relationships.
- Knows business trends of the market. Long term vision being able to translate it to specific actions and plans.
- Training, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Operational command of business, sales acumen and messaging
- Possess a strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Strong organizational skills.
- Highly collaborative and consultative with extended team members.
- Advanced presentation skills and the ability to establish mutually beneficial program commitments and expectations with customers.
- Typically requires 10+ years of professional experience and 5+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience).