Sr Manager, R&D - SDDC Management Infrastructure, VMC on AWS
Austin, TexasJob ID R1903838-2 Date posted May. 15, 2019
SDDC Management Infrastructure, VMC on AWS
VMware Cloud (VMC) on AWS enables customers to consume the full range of vSphere-based infrastructure products and a broad portfolio of tightly integrated VMware SaaS services, managed through a unified control plane and common infrastructure. We are on a journey to create a common infrastructure to manage VMware’s core SDDC products for VMC on AWS, extend to VMC on Dell EMC, VMware Partner cloud, and other SDDC solutions.
We’re looking for a highly motivated R&D Manager to foster the team’s growth, own the team's delivery from inception through development and production, partnering closely with senior management, product managers, fellow development managers, QE, release team, and SRE team. The team consists of very talented engineers, working in an agile culture of innovation and collaboration. If you aspire to work on industry-changing technologies and deliver high quality product that delights customers, if you are a dynamic, highly-motivated person, who is looking for professional growth and is up for the challenge, this is the place for you.
* Build and maintain a highly effective team by recruiting, mentoring and coaching a team of engineers to accomplish goals that support business objectives.
* Lead engineering execution through all phases of service lifecycle, from Architecture, Design to Operations of the service in a DevOps model.
* Work with Product Management, Release Management, QE, SRE and other engineering partners to deliver and maintain the enterprise class software solutions
* BS or MS in Engineering or CS
* 10+ years of related experience in the software industry
* Experience hiring, managing and growing a high-performing software engineering team
* Experience in designing/developing, scalable distributed systems in Go, C/C++, or Java
* Experience with VMware SDDC, and public clouds
* Experience in delivering SaaS solutions
* Excellence and innovation
* Straightforwardness and open communications
* A sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life
* Delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers and ourselves
* A passion for what we do and the value we deliver