Sr. Consultant, Business Intelligence & Operations
Santa Clara, California, Austin, Texas, United States;Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States;Round Rock, Texas, United StatesJob ID R034739 Date posted Sep. 13, 2019
Sr. Consultant, Business Intelligence & Operations
Locations: Santa Clara, CA, Austin/Round Rock, TX, Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Sr. Consultant on our Data Protection Business Growth & Analytics team in Austin.
The Business Planning and Operations organization supports a highly valuable Data Protection business. The organization’s charter is to accelerate financial performance and share gains by driving the E2E strategic business growth direction and product and sales enablement to better position a modern data-first protection portfolio so that customers unlock the value of their most important asset – information.
This position will be part of the Business Growth & Analytics team and will play a critical role in delivering and executing the Business Intelligence and analytics vision for Data Protection. S/he can successfully craft an actionable and measurable roadmap that introduces a platform of offerings that will help key data stakeholders pursue strategic initiatives and drive business decision.
- Define, develop and execute the overall Business Intelligence strategy and technology standards including executive dashboards, standard reporting, self-service reporting, and strategic insights.
- Develop and maintain consultative and collaborative relationships with key product management + business stakeholders, (finance, business operations, performance analytics etc.) by proactively identifying and addressing business intelligence needs
- Provide organization, leadership, and oversight for establishing and maintaining guidelines, role definitions, responsibilities, standards, procedures and accountability for reporting and visualization.
- Provide prioritization, project oversight and leadership on large scale reporting initiatives and measure and monitor benefits realization of those initiatives.
- Synthesize vast amounts of data into meaningful information while utilizing quantitative analysis, including statistical modeling techniques, to help address key business questions across Data Protection portfolio
- Develop and design presentations, reports, and other deliverables and summarize findings to key stakeholders and executive leadership, communicating with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Managing role without the people management authority that requires close collaboration with the business, lead business analysts and Sr. Director..
- Responsible for mentoring other individual contributors within Data Protection Business Growth & Analytics team as needed.
- Typically requires 15+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another computer related field; or 12+ years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 8+ years experience; or equivalent experience
- Must have proven professional experience in the identification of business opportunity through data analysis, data-driven insights, visualization and storytelling. Candidate must be able create and present executive-level presentations using data in a way that is simple, succinct and delivers a hard-hitting business case as to where opportunities or problems exist. Experience in behavioral, propensity-based modeling and decisions sciences highly preferred.
- Experience driving data analysis and insight for a business unit or segment also highly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership in business intelligence, analytics and governance.
- Experienced senior leader with strengths in developing and implementing policies, strategies, roadmaps and initiatives in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience with multiple vendors in any of the following areas including; ETL, SQL Server, MySQL, SQL Data Warehouse Appliance, Greenplum, Teradata, Tableau, SAP Business Objects, SAS, and other Analytics Vendors with BI components
- Proven track record in delivering and managing multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high-level comprehensive solutions
- Domain expertise: Storage, Servers, Security or Data Protection
- Previous experience leading the development and proposal of strategic investments to drive profitable growth within business unit
- MBA nice-to-have
- Expert knowledge across multiple Dell functions, tools and processes
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.