Sr Cloud Engineer
Austin, Texas, Dallas, Texas, United StatesJob ID R031472 Date posted Aug. 21, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself!
Dell EMC Managed Services offers End-to-end optimized solutions for data storage, backup, converged infrastructure and more. With our unique processes and IP, we help customers realize business and technology value faster by handling the burden of daily operations. And we back our solutions with the service levels customers need to run and transform their business.
- 10 years of professional experience supporting production medium to large scale environments
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience working Cloud foundry and related technology stack
- In-depth knowledge of network and distributed internet technologies including TCP/IP, firewalls, load balancers and web application architectures
- Prior experience with industry standard remote monitoring and event handling solutions
- Solid ability to create automation with Chef, Puppet, Ansible or a shell
- Good collaboration & communication skills, the ability to participate in an interdisciplinary team
- Strong written communications and documentation experience
- Install, configure and support multiple Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) environments
- Perform capacity, availability, issue resolution and change management processes for PCF environments
- Scale PCF components by forecasting needs and adding or removing components as needed
- Upgrade PCF and installed backing services and infrastructure
- Ensure that management and monitoring tools are integrated with Pivotal Cloud Foundry environments.
- Assist app developers with troubleshooting PaaS related issues as needed
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourage applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.