Software Engineering Manager
Austin, TexasJob ID R032334 Date posted Sep. 16, 2019
Software Engineering Manager 2
Round Rock - 5
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Engineering Manager on our VxFlex Manager Development team in Round Rock, TX.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Manage the activities of a new and exciting team of Data (SW) engineers
- collaborate with management, product management, factory staff, and marketing on product direction and specifications
- analyze technology against resource needs, Go to market demands to assess feasibility of the SW effort
- direct and influence the testing of the current SW release codebase
- manage thru product changes
- Experience with multiple development languages such as Java and Python.
- Experience with development stacks and tool such as Spring, Jenkins, Q-Metry
- Experience with Data modeling such as:
- Fast-train and slow-train models
- CNN and RNN aspects of data computation and numerics
- data visualization applications and channels
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.