Software Engineering Manager, UI - Secureworks - Austin, TX
Austin, TexasJob ID R61066 Date posted Apr. 29, 2019
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The ideal candidate has spent several years as a software engineer focused on front-end development, transitioned to an architect or team lead role, and now manages a development team. If you’re an engineering manager with proven experience designing and developing innovative, intuitive, and beautiful interfaces that people love, we need your help to push the boundaries of user interface design and bring the most innovative security product concepts to life. The ideal candidate will have experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions, and fostering effective engineering practices and culture in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Direct management of 6-10 Front-End Software Engineers.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal coaching and performance management.
- Provide technical leadership in the testing, deployment, monitoring, and improvement of software applications as secure, scalable, performant, and fault-tolerant solutions across a multi-cloud architecture.
- Drive positive change in terms of streamlining processes, improving efficiency, and implementing key performance metrics.
- Work with the entire engineering team to improve the quality, scalability, and supportability of all production software.
- Collaborate with product management team to generate a roadmap for new features while also incorporating ideas originating from the team. Work with the team to execute the agreed upon roadmap.
- Proven experience leading and managing teams of 5+ people.
- Ability to mentor and coach software engineers with various levels of experience.
- Solid understanding of Scrum/Kanban and how to apply their respective practices in a pragmatic way
- Ability to work with product management to break down epics into stories that can then be executed by your teams.
- Keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize problems, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in distributed team environments.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- Experience using Angular and Material Design
- Proficiency with Git and continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Experience with D3 or similar data visualization packages
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and microservice architectures
- Knowledge of UI security issues and best practices to prevent vulnerabilities
- Prior experience managing geographically distributed teams in an entrepreneurial environment.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.