Senior Engineering Manager - Release Management/ Dev Ops
Austin, TexasJob ID R023736 Date posted Jul. 16, 2019
Senior Engineering Manager - Release Management and Dev Ops
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as our Release Management, Dev Ops and Quality Manager on our Dell Financial Services team.
The Release Management and Dev Ops is a highly visible and critical role in Dell Financial Services (DFS) IT. Primary role is to build a team and transform our legacy release management process to harness the speed and agility of the Dell Digital Way while ensuring a high level of quality and system availability. We are looking for a leader that will drive strategic change to streamline the release process and adopt full agile and dev ops in a meaning full way that will allow our development teams to deliver business value efficiently and with quality . This is a great opportunity to for a seasoned engineering leader to build and develop an international team based in the US and Europe.
- Be a change agent to drive mindshare of changes associated with release management in an agile and dev ops environment.
- Operationalise the vision of release management by leading the transition an application portfolio from a waterfall/hybrid methodology to a fully automated dev ops process across all of DFS.
- Attract, retain and develop a global team of release managers based in Romania, Ireland and US.
- Course correct on the methodology, process and pace while progressing to change the release processes
- Establish transition goals and milestones in building the team and transitioning from existing process to new.
- Manage all aspects of end to end release to production (including release planning, scope/risk management)
- Develop and communicate non production environment strategy to support agile and non agile methodologies
- Monitor and share key metrics with senior leaders and stakeholders around performance, quality and velocity.
- Strong appetite to be a change agent and an influencer
- Development Engineering background with a specific CI/CD experience.
- Detailed understanding of software release management
- Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Working knowledge of dev ops tools (GitHub)
- Experience of Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Test Automation Tools
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.