Senior Product & Application Security Engineer - SDL (SRO)
Austin, TexasJob ID R30654 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
Senior Product & Application Security Engineer - SDL
Location: Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Senior Product & Application Security Engineer to join our Security & Resiliency team.
- Research, design and support the implementation of Application security solutions for the organization
- Provide secure architecture guidance, determine and develop approach to solutions under limited direction for the business
- Document security standards, solutions, data flows, procedures, and other technical information as directed
- Evaluate and apply mature technologies to meet current or emerging business needs
- Articulate Security Analysis findings and provide remediation strategies
- Create and/or review threat models for complex application architectures and identify attack surfaces using standard software engineering techniques such as dataflow diagrams, subject-object matrix, and sequence or interaction diagrams
- Apply CVSS to prioritize design flaws and test targets for remediation and execution
- Co-partner on processes, architecture, and tools for improving operational efficiency
- Be passionate about security and cause inside-out transformation of security culture within any development team regardless of that team’s proficiency and prior security experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 8+ years of software development experience, or a Master's degree with 6+ years of experience
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative and actionable manner
- Work with application teams as required to facilitate resolution to challenging business problems/objectives in a secure way
- Provide requirements and insight into SDL service strategy
- Provide SDL support and training to SDL champions & development teams
- Experience in:
- Building end to end Secure Development practice
- Secure code development and reviews
- Threat Modelling (preferably to STRIDE methodology)
- Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps/DevSecOps environment
- Containers and Micro Services such as Docker, Kubermetes, PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry), VMWare Photon and others
- Secure Cloud application development
- Industry certifications: CISSP (preferred)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can ensure the highest level of security for our customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.