Senior Principal Full Stack Developer, Austin TX Digital-IT
Austin, TexasJob ID R28729 Date posted May. 24, 2018
Do you like working in small, empowered teams that have complete ownership of their space? Do you want to drive technology as well as culture change? If so, we are looking for software engineers, product managers, and user experience designers to deliver a commerce platform that enables Dell to meet our customers wherever they are and provide the best experiences on Earth to discover and purchase Dell technology.
This transformation program has three primary goals:
Establisha modern, global, cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platform.
Enablenew capabilities, and seamless user experiences across product, marketing, commerce, and services. New capabilities and experiences include, but are not limited to, personalized mobile & web purchasing, AR driven sales and support, voice-enabled purchase assistance, and support for Internet of Things (IoT).
Empowerall Dell Technologies businesses to utilize and build on the core commerce platform to create experiences to meet their customer and business needs.
- Develop high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers
- Work with clients and Business Analysts to determine software requirements and system impacts
- Generate technical documentation as well as unit and functional tests
- Analyze business requirements, processes, data, and system integration points to determine/recommend appropriate technology solutions
- Work closely with the global development team and senior Solution Architects, and executives within the Online Product Engineering group to plan ongoing feature development and product maintenance
-Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
-Typically requires 10 years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree
-Strong commitment to writing and maintaining high quality Java code
-Understanding of Spring Framework fundamentals
-Solid understanding of Microsoft Stack
-Strong communication skills
-Ability and desire to collaborate within small team
-Experience creating applications end to end
-eCommerce, omni-channel, IoT and augmented reality application development experience is highly desired
-Experience contributing to open source projects
-Established background in public speaking at user groups, conferences, etc.
-Experience with cloud native architectures and infrastructure
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.