Senior Interaction/Visual Designer - Round Rock, TX DellDesign
Round Rock, Texas, Austin, Texas, United StatesJob ID R034194 Date posted Sep. 07, 2019
Senior Interaction/Visual Designer – Round Rock, TX
Do you live and breathe Design? Is finding key concepts hidden deep inside real-world contexts second nature to you? Feel compelled to “design things right” in your everyday life…just for the sake of it? If you are eager to create elegant Design solutions to complex problems that change the status quo, then please then read on. We’re looking for highly talented design and user experience professionals to join our team, the Experience Design Group, to help us create industry changing designs for Dell, transform IT for companies, and mold the digital future for us all. This opportunity builds on the heritage of Dell and EMC, and their worldwide presence, to lead the next evolution of computing, cloud and data technologies.
Dell is seeking a candidate for a Principal Interaction/Visual Designer to be part of their Experience Design Group team in Round Rock, TX
This Senior Interaction/Visual Designer defines and owns user experience design deliverables across software project initiatives including ideation, user-flow analysis, wire-framing, interaction design, visual design, prototyping, branding and execution. The individual ensures interactive and visual designs achieve the highest level of usability, desirability and customer satisfaction. In this role, the designer will be asked to carry products from concept to development using their abilities to distill complex problems into intuitive, clean, user friendly designs leveraging their knowledge and history with user experience concepts, creating information architectures, applying and growing existing design languages and systems, while delivering the appropriate content to development partners (workflows, behavioral specifications, redlines, interactive prototypes, etc.).
• Undergraduate degree and 6+ years’ relevant experience or Graduate degree in a related field, plus 4+ years’ relevant experience.
• Submission of portfolio link or attachment with application/resume
• Working proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop and Illustrator).
• Developing skillset in digital design with an emphasis on Windows, mobile (iOS/Android), and web User Interfaces.
• Must be up to date with the latest in interactive and visual design trends.
• Advanced in typography, color, space, layout, texture, and visual design for branding/commerce environments.
• Demonstrates the ability to process and integrate studies, reports, trends, data, and information into plans, deliverables, and recommendations.
• Experience with and data protection/security highly desired.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.