Senior Director, Head of Product Management for Dell.com (Austin, TX) - Digital-IT
Austin, TexasJob ID R86402 Date posted Jan. 08, 2019
Senior Director, Head of Product Management for Dell.com (Austin, TX)
Why Work at Dell?
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. And more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees, and provide them with growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a part of our team in Austin, TX.
What You Will Love:
A product role to manage end to end e-commerce experience for a multi-billion-dollar company is hard to come by – this is a great opportunity for someone to expand their role from managing a handful of products to E2E product lines! And right now is a cool time to be in Product Management at Dell. Dell is #4 on Internet Retailer with multi-billion dollars in revenue going through its engine, which serves more than 120 countries and 28 languages. This global role will lead a team of very senior product managers (two Directors and a Group Product Manager) to manage Dell.com and Alienware.com e-commerce experience end to end from Home Page to Learn, Shop and Checkout experiences. Dell.com is one of the first organizations within Dell to move to a product led approach to defining and solving customer problems at scale! The team is highly data driven and we are looking for a leader who can complement a high performing team with a ton more focus on User Experience and unleash the full potential of this team.
As Head of Product Management for Dell.com, you will:
- Drive short and long term product vision, strategy, goal setting and execution for the end to end digital and commerce journey for Dell's Consumer and Small Business customers
- Use data and customer insights to find opportunities, track results and drive decision making around product and experience
- Build and lead a team of world class Product Managers who would demonstrate unparalleled drive for results, customer empathy and the long term vision for their product lines
- Help the team prioritize, negotiate and remove obstacles to ensure quality product launches
- Work with cross-functional leaders at all levels to drive product strategy and serve as subject matter expert, thought leader and trusted advisor with extreme focus on customer experience
- Mentor and coach team members and enable them in making bold decisions that can help transform the organization while delivering value to both internal and external customers
- Demonstrate deep expertise in the areas of eCommerce and digital experiences
- Help strike a fine balance between engineering and product needs to ensure long term success of products across the globe
- Be a creative thinker who can enable the team to think outside the box to make difficult trade-off decisions on features, functionalities and roadmap
18 years of experience (or equivalent combination of education and work experience), experience to include:
- 5+ years of leadership experience in e-commerce Product Management
- A track record of driving strategy, customer experience, commerce capabilities and performance management for a large scale consumer product at a global scale
- A track record of building and managing high performing team of Product Managers
- Premier communication and exemplary writing skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive
- Understand macro-business economics and be able to build actionable business plans and prioritize and categorize in complex and highly matrixed environments
- Proven Leadership in a Fast-Paced, Dynamic Organization: A proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented individual, who has led cross-functional global teams to define and achieve high value objectives. This individual will have the ability to coalesce varied constituents and drive to achieve superior results on a consistent basis.
- Business Building Orientation: possess technical knowledge and business understanding well enough to identify/define Services direction, requirements & gaps. Possess a track record of having successfully delivered on complex projects and possess global experience.
- Team Player track record of supporting and promoting team accomplishments with a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organization in a highly fluid environment. Must demonstrate the ability to influence/sell ideas and present alternatives in a convincing fashion to a mixed audience, from peers to executives. This person will be seen throughout the organization as a model of integrity and ethical behavior.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.