Senior Data Engineer - Secureworks - Austin, TX or Remote
Austin, TexasJob ID R87737 Date posted Jul. 08, 2019
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, talented, and enthusiastic data engineer to work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment with a seasoned cross-functional team of Security Experts, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning Engineers to advance the state-of-the-art in network defense. If you love the challenges that come with big data then this role is for you. Duties include large-scale data routing, modeling, extraction, transformation, loading, warehousing, and composing such systems together with support for monitoring and mediation logic. You will use the latest big data platforms and technologies (e.g. NiFi, Spark, Kafka, NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP) to help federate algorithms and applications across many clouds as part of the next generation Secureworks platform.
The ideal candidate will have a software development background with an emphasis on distributed systems and some familiarity with data science or machine learning, though personal expertise is not required. This role requires a data engineer that can take architectures from concept to reality and work well within a collaborative environment. If you’re an engineer with experience solving big data problems, you might have what it takes to become an elite member of our team and help us innovate faster than the bad guys.
- Design, build, launch, and maintain infrastructure to support large-scale data routing, streaming and historical processing, data warehousing, and container orchestration.
- Employ a variety of languages and tools to marry big data systems together and hunt down opportunities to acquire new data from other systems.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Collaborate with data scientists and security researchers to productize new methods of extracting information from structured and unstructured data.
- Work effectively on a geographically distributed team to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- BS or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
- 8+ years of relevant experience in software or data engineering.
- 8+ years of experience with scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.
- Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Experience with big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc) or containers/orchestrators (e.g. Docker, rkt, Kubernetes, Mesos).
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers.
- Passionate about well-designed architectures and a strong desire to learn.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Scala, Python, Go, or C/C++.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or similar cloud provider.
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration solutions.
- Experience with stream-processing systems, such as NiFi/StreamSets, Kafka, Storm/Heron, Spark, or Flink.
- Experience with distributed NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, or Accumulo.
- Familiarity with data science techniques or machine learning.
- Familiarity with packet captures, network flows, log data, malware analysis, etc.
- Prior experience developing software in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with large scale log management and parsing topologies and SIEM
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.