Regional Product Line Manager (PLM) - Midrange Storage
Austin, TexasJob ID R27840 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Regional Product Line Manager.
As a global business with game-changing products, there’s always scope for Dell to grow sales and expand market share. So a highly skilled Product Line Management team is essential. Our team has real vision. They develop and implement strategic approaches to solutions and technology marketing that put our products and services at the forefront of our customers’ minds. Always ready to adjust strategies in response to market change and competition, the team works closely with sales, product groups and vendors. Crucially, their remit goes beyond the customer value proposition to making sure product development is informed by customer insights.
- IOP Action Plan: Input into IOP process with key product initiatives: launches, competitive advantages, areas to drive programs in. (**Note - Not responsible for creating IOP or measuring IOP)
- Sales Programs & Plays: Input into programs and plays process with key technical, market and product insights so successful programs can be designed. Develop product positioning and product level talking points for the programs that will be launched… which product to transition to, what is FAQ that sales needs to use etc .
- Product Launch Readiness: CoC Best Practices webinars, Lobby Launch events, regional newsletter content, Petting zoos; Demo days.
- Product Feature Priority: Regional PG/CoC Interlocks; Field escalations for large and/or multiple deals.
- Product Positioning Clarity: Partner with Product Marketing on messaging; cascade & amplify updates via CoC venues.
- Large deal support: Ensures accurate unit plan for pre-RTS offers; connection to PG for RPQ support; escalation point that manages cross-functional efforts
- Market Perspective: Applies regional perspective to quarterly IDC market intelligence reporting; Analyzes QoQ/YoY trends to identify headwinds & opportunities; Provides in-quarter actions field teams can utilize.
- Product End of Life: Proactively manages in-region product EOL/EOSL lifecycle; alignment on Last Time Buy (LTB) dates; program creation to assist buy downs where needed; EOL pre-wires; proactive account team reach out.
- Product Pricing: Collaborates with pricing teams to review new product pricing and recommend tweaks or changes based on product features and competitive positioning. (**Note - Not responsible for recommending sustaining product price changes, or analyzing discount patterns or capturing field input on pricing)
- Product knowledge on Dell EMC and competitor midrange storage product lines
- Strong communication skills (including presentations to groups) and a proven track record in interfacing with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated business management skills through effective planning, organization of daily work schedule and achievement of assigned targets and objectives
- Experience in using various available resources to drive and motivate those around you towards achieving a common goal, including Sales executives
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Field experience; could be a direct field role or role supporting field activities like product management or product/field marketing
- Technical capabilities: someone who understands the technologies and relations to the market. Able to learn and present/represent the technical aspects of the job
- Sales acumen; someone who understands how to best position product/bundles/solutions for success and can easily articulate why customers care and the business impact of implementing our products/solutions
- Business presence: comfortable interacting with all levels of the business to build strong relationships
- Program/process management skills; clearly someone who is self-motivated and detail oriented to deliver on expected timelines
- Intangibles; someone who works well under pressure and strives when curve-balls are thrown their way
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re excited by the prospect of marketing ground-breaking innovations to a global audience, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.