Principal Quality Engineer/Program Manager
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, Austin, Texas, United StatesJob ID R040656 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
Quality Engineer/Program Manager - Data Protection
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Quality Principal Engineer on our Data Protection Quality team in Hopkinton, MA.
Quality is everything at Dell. It’s what we’re known for and we build it into all our processes. In Quality Engineering we play a central role by developing, implementing as well as maintaining technical quality assurance and control systems. We look for ways to improve the inspection, verification and validation of our finished products. Our team defines strategy – not to mention governance – for the implementation of quality standards and methodology. In addition to participating in the review of engineering designs, we assist customers or engineers in gathering and analyzing data.
- Create quality plans, inspect quality metrics and provide feedback/recommendations to product owners
- Report quality initiatives, metrics, insights & progress against project plans
- Work with Engineering and Service groups to triage customer reported issues and drive product and process improvements
- Participate in status meetings as a representative of the Quality team which would include Executive Program Review meetings
- Own all aspects of quality for a product within the Data Protection division which will include owning the process to analyze customer issues and providing resolution
- Experience in Data Storage/Data Protection industry with an understanding of underlying technologies including servers, networking, software stacks
- Understanding of software development, hardware manufacturing, software release and customer support processes
- Experience designing and implementing comprehensive quality management plans with ability to resolve highly complex quality issues for enterprise products
- Experience analyzing and providing insight into data trends and patterns; must be able to create presentations and present to executive level staff
- Exceptional communication skills; must be able to collaborate and influence cross functional global teams in support of business requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with Jira, Confluence, database queries
- 10+ years of related experience in a professional role, or 8+ years with a Master's degree; or 5+ years with a PhD, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can enhance our technical quality assurance protocols and methods, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.