Product Management and Planning - PowerEdge Servers, Sr. Consultant
Round Rock, Texas, Austin, Texas, United States;Durham, North Carolina, United States;Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States;Irvine, California, United States;Palo Alto, California, United States;Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States;San Diego, California, United States;San Francisco, California, United States;Santa Clara, California, United StatesJob ID R025333 Date posted Aug. 02, 2019
Product Management and Planning - PowerEdge Servers, Senior Consultant
Round Rock, Texas
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Product Management and Planning Senior Consultant on our Product Management team in Round Rock, Texas.
Dell’s Marketing Vision is to be a world-class, innovative and customer-focused marketing organization that shapes our offerings, influences our stakeholder’s perceptions and behaviors, and drives growth and profitability. Dell provides boundless opportunities for lateral and upward mobility and growth. We have a Mentor Connect program that enables you to seek mentorship to support personal and professional development. Dell also has “Marketing University” that provides marketers tools and courses to develop and strengthen functional marketing skills, deepen technical expertise, enhance personal effectiveness, and strengthen leadership skills.
The key market area for this job will be enterprise server industry with focus on the PowerEdge portfolio planning. The candidate will be responsible for the definition of future PowerEdge servers, providing innovative concept/ideas for intercepting emerging and future customer needs and pain points. The candidate will focus on "Why" and "What" of new customer and market problem statements.
- Responsible for new product investigation, business case development, concept marketing requirement documents (MRD) creation, technology assessment and planning in the enterprise server industry
- Develop product roadmaps and provide competitive analysis for a line of business and corresponding customer segment
- Work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates
- Work with all relevant groups within Dell (Server, Storage, Software, Solutions and Networking) to ensure that products meet both internal standards and customer requirements
- Responsible for market opportunity analysis and participates in development of product line strategy
- Responsible for developing product proposals for applicable line of business
- Responsible for developing internal product presentations and product mix matrix for line of business
- Assess opportunities and competitive offerings to determine how best to define product requirements to enhance customer experience
- 10 + years of experience in classic marketing skills (i.e. Product, Positioning, Pricing, and Promotion).
- Past or current experience or working knowledge in strategizing or planning modular/blade servers
- Must understand technical product concepts to assist engineers in making product/commodity trade-off decisions
- Strong knowledge of IT industry technologies, future trends, and direction, including enterprise industry competitors.
- Must have solid grasp of financial management concepts; including product line P&L, break even analysis, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of statistics
- Good organization skills, including the ability to form cross-functional project teams effectively within Dell
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.